The Designated Safeguarding Lead is the person appointed to take the lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection in school.
At Mabe School, the Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs Jules Jenkin (Headteacher) and the Deputy Safeguarding Lead is Mr Steve Cruse (Year 6 Teacher).
Mrs Jules Jenkins
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mr Steve Cruse
Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Ensures safeguarding is at the heart of the school ethos and that all staff and volunteers know how to recognise, respond and report any concerns.
- Liaise with parents, staff on matters of safety and safeguarding when deciding whether to make a referral.
- As required liaise with the Multi Agency Referral Unit (MARU) regarding any concerns.
- As required, liaise with the local authority is a concern has arisen regarding a member of staff or an adult in school.
- Act as a source of support, advice and expertise for parents and staff.